Kelli Risse here to talk about the S word…STRESS.
But first, why am I talking about stress AGAIN?
Stress affects you physically and emotionally. It can cause…
- Tension headaches
- Jaw clenching
- Nail Biting
- Difficulty sleeping
- Racing heart
- Digestive upset
- Stomach aches
- Pronounced belly weight gain
- High cholesterol
- High Blood pressure
- Erratic eating
- Muscle tension or pain
- Angry outburst
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Social withdrawal
No one likes living in stress. However, on a scale of 1-10, most people rank their stress level at a 7-8.
One of the main sources of stress in the US is job pressure. This includes tension with co-workers, bosses, and work overload. However, quitting your day job might result in an even higher stress level due to lack of finances.
So, if I can’t quit my job to decrease stress what can I do?
Clear some clutter! When we have clutter staring us in the face in our homes or work space, it…
- Makes our brain think it’s NEVER done working
- Distracts our attention from the real focus
- Produces feelings of anxiety and overwhelm
- Prevents us from finding exactly what we need
- Inhibits creativity and productivity
How do I clear clutter?
- Tackle one room or area at a time.
- Determine if each item needs to be put away, donated/recycled, or trashed.
- Put systems in place so clutter doesn’t pile up again.
- Stop bringing unneeded or unwanted items into the house.
- Enlist the help of family members…or call an expert.
Is clutter causing you to feel anxious, overwhelmed and stressed? Clearing clutter is a sure-fire way to decrease stress! In my coaching practice, I provide clients with simple action steps to tackle and clear clutter, in addition to providing the right support and accountability. When clutter is gone, my clients experience peace, joy, and happiness!
If you’re ready to decrease stress and find peace and joy, stay tuned for more information on my next Hello Peace, Goodbye Stress Group Sessions starting mid-April. Space is limited for this short and highly effective 4-week group session. You won’t want to miss it!