Are you tossing and turning at night? Do you stare at the ceiling with your mind racing wondering if you’ll ever fall asleep? Do you wake up in the middle of the night and can’t fall back to sleep?
I want to offer you some sweet pillow-talk advice about snoozing off into a deep and blissful sleep each night.
The truth is that sleep is not something that just happens… unless you are a teenager! Even babies need to learn to fall asleep and sleep well.
Good sleep is vital for good health. Sleep deprivation can lead to a multitude of health issues:
● It escalates the hunger hormone called ghrelin, which increases food cravings
● It escalates the stress hormone called cortisol, which can cause weight gain, diabetes, heart attacks, high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis and depressed immunity
● It causes elevated blood pressure in people with hypertension, which can lead to cardiovascular disease and stroke
Learning how to improve your sleep is not just a luxury—it’s a necessity!
Follow these 7 tips and rest assured (excuse the pun) you will feel more rejuvenated and energized than you even knew was possible:
1. Practice regular sleep rhythms by going to bed and waking up around the same time each day.
2. Create total quiet and darkness in your bedroom.
3. Avoid caffeine or reduce your intake after noon as it affects your sleep dramatically.
4. Get regular exposure to daylight for at least 20 minutes a day because the sunlight triggers your brain to release melatonin, which is vital for healthy sleep.
5. Eat no later than two hours before you go to bed because eating a heavy meal before bedtime will impede your body’s natural overnight detoxification process.
6. Write down your worried thoughts before bedtime so you can free your mind and drop into a deep and restful sleep.
7. Take a hot salt or aromatherapy bath because raising your body temperature before bed helps to induce sleep.
A good night sleep is crucial for long-term health and wellness. Applying these simple steps will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated as you start your day.
In my health coaching practice, I help my clients sleep better and have more energy through the day. If you’re ready to change your sleep habits and change the quality of your day, click here to schedule a time to talk with me.
Rise up and live!
Certified Master Coach
Founder, Rise Up and Live Wellness